Thinking of applying for a creative writing award?
Here’s what you need to know…
If you aspire to see your work in print, on stage or on screen, we’re here to help.
We believe that every budding writer should have everything they need to follow their dreams. So, if you live in Cornwall and love writing poetry, drama, fiction or non-fiction, why not apply? Award recipients will be mentored by an established Cornish writer to grow their writing skills and get first-hand advice to progress towards the career they yearn for.
And not only that, you can also be granted up to £1,000 to be spent on moving your career forward, together with a reading award of £150 worth of books. The mentoring support is offered for a period of up to a year. (Applications for this financial award will be made with your mentor.)
Before filling out your Creative Writing application form, you can view a SAMPLE form here.
You are eligible to apply for this creative writing award if you are:
- 16 – 23 years old (your age will be taken into account when assessing applications)
- A resident of Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly
- A talented writer
- Able to produce one recent reference (within the last three months) that is dated, signed and headed
- Looking for mentoring and financial support to achieve your goals
- Be able to show your passion and determination through a personal statement – up to 500 words
- Prepared to be an ambassador for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Optional: be able to demonstrate your ability by producing a sample of your work – up to 500 words
The fund is currently closed.
The next round of awards will be open for applications in March 2024.