Thinking of applying for a Spirit of Trevithick Award?
Here’s what you need to know..
If you are a young innovator in Cornwall, in Science and Technology and Engineering and Maths, the Young & Talented Cornwall Spirit of Trevithick Award is here to help you achieve your goals.
We believe every young person should have everything they need to follow their dreams. So, if you live in Cornwall or the Isles a Scilly and have a passion for STEM, why not apply? Award recipients will receive mentoring sessions with an established Cornwall based company or innovator who will help guide them and offer first-hand advice to help them achieve their full potential.
And not only that, recipients can also be granted a cash award of up to £2,000 for the development of a particular project, or to contribute to a specific piece of equipment within the area of STEM, that contributes to their career development. It might be a contribution towards a research trip, or more practical help with technical kit or software.
You are eligible to apply for this creative writing award if you are:
- 16 – 23 years old (your age will be taken into account when assessing applications)
- A resident of Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly
- A talented young innovator within STEM
- Able to produce one recent reference (within the last three months) that is dated, signed and headed
- Looking for mentoring and financial support to achieve your goals
- Be able to show your passion and determination through a personal statement – up to 500 words
- Prepared to be an ambassador for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
The award is open for applications now, click here to begin your application.
Closing date for applications is 22nd March. The awarding panel will be on 18th April.